Welcome to Reception!
We hope you have enjoyed your first term at school. You have all settled in so well and we are so proud of the progress you are making already.
We are now into a full timetable in reception which consists of
-SODA (soft start activities when the children arrive at school)
-Jolly Jobs (teacher focused activities)
-Learning Lots (child initiated sessions)
-Quick Teach (maths activity and a story)
-Read and Rhyme (children participate in reading activities, nursery rhymes etc)
Please Ensure your child has:
- Coat (please practice zipping it up)
- Water Bottle with name on
- Spare Clothes Bag
Half Term Information
Teacher Led Topic this half term: Once Upon A Time.
Books/Stories for this topic are: Little Red Riding Hood, Three Little Pigs, Jack and The Beanstalk, Hansel and Gretel
Homework: We will update you each week with what we have done at school so you can support your child at home.
Things that you can do at home
- talk to your child about the things they have done in the day
- read stories and talk about what happens in the story
- count - steps up to bed, cutlery on the table, sweets - anything that they are playing with. Count forwards to 10 and backwards from 10 (don't forget zero!), then to 20.
- look at numbers - on your door, on buses, number plates, on your phone.
- let your children draw or paint - they can bring things in from home to show us
- make things from junk
Could we also remind you that your child should have a complete set of spare clothes in school in a bag that they can keep on their peg. This is in case of accidents or occasions where your child may get wet or messy! If we have to send your child home in clothes they have borrowed from school could you please make sure that you send those clothes back in to school as soon as possible.
Your child does not need a PE kit at this time. We will notify you later in the year when you will need to send a PE kit to school. This will be in the Summer term and if you have children already in school we will be making sure that both children are in the same team.
Every Day – School Book bag, home reading book, Reading Diary, EYFS library book
Wednesday - Swimming day - please make sure all jewellery is removed and long hair is tied back.
Just a reminder...
-Could you please make sure all of your child's belongings have their name in - water bottles, jumpers, coats, swimming costumes, towels etc - thanks.
- Please ensure that your child has their Spare Clothes Bag in school
- Please ensure that you send in a water bottle for your child so that they can have access to fresh water throughout the day