Current General Information
As a school, Grove Vale are following guidance provided by the government in regard to Coronavirus. We are sharing information with parents and guardians as and when we receive it. To ensue you are up to date with latest communications from school, please check Parent Pay is set up and you are checking the Grove Valer weekly.
There are currently no known cases of Coronavirus at Grove Vale Primary School. However, it is imperative that we help to slow the spread of Cornavirus by ensuring you and your children follow preventative steps to stop the spread of the respiratory virus.
Steps to Follow
- Wash you hands often, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren't available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don't attend school without seeking advice and guidance from the school or Public Health England.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you are worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 - don't go to your GP or other healthcare centre
Do not send your child or siblings to school if you believe they have symptoms (see testing link information in the link list at the bottom of the page).
What to do if you have symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature 37.8 +
- a new continuous cough
- loss of taste/smell
if you live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms.
This will help to protect others in your community while you are infectious.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you’re staying at home.
Here are some links and and useful pieces of information, which may further inform you about Corona Virus.
- What parents and carers need to know about early years providers, schools and colleges during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak